Yes, bikes are allowed as checked luggage. Here's what you need to know:
- Bicycles must be collapsed down (both wheels removed from the frame) with handlebars turned sideways and the chain covered. They should not exceed total dimensions (length + width + height) of 158cm (62inches). Bicycles presented in this fashion will be accepted for travel and counted as one of your two Checked Luggage entitlements.
- Please contact us in advance of travel so we can inform the driver. This may make it easier for him/her to leave space for your bike, although we cannot guarantee carriage on any specific travel date or service.
- There are some services that can't carry bikes for space reasons. Please check the Oversize Luggage page for a full list.
- In the interest of other travellers’ luggage and driver safety, all bicycles must have the pedals removed and the chain covered.
- The charge for bicycles that are not collapsed down is $10.00 per bike, per individual bus connection. This is payable to the driver.